In the US, Walmart Pharmacies were inundated with high-volume orders for their $4 tablet prescription program. Being a success, the demand far exceeded supply. As a result, Walmart hired additional pharmacists to create customer prescriptions in-store. Increasing the workforce with highly paid employees encouraged costs to escalate.
Walmart required a less labour-intensive solution in order to retain the same price point that continuously attracted consumer purchases.
How we made good things, better:
- We created a shelf ready, child resistant, senior-friendly pack
- Now, pre-packed at the fulfillment centre & distributed to retail stores
- Re-organisation of fulfillment reduced demand for high paid employees, therefore leading to cost reductions
- Original head count resumed
- Retail price of $4 remained constant
- Improved consumer experience, speeding up the checkout process whilst in-store