Proptek, with over 30 years experience specialize in plant propagation technology with a main focus on injection molded trays for vegetables, ornamentals, woody shrub production, forestry and fruit and nut trees.
Their trays and containers are designed to ensure a better quality plant and make use of techniques such as “air pruning” in order to achieve this.
- Nearly 100% of US tobacco is started in EPS trays
- EPS trays are nearly impossible to sanitize
- EPS trays degrade quickly and have an average of 5 year life span
- EPS pellets penetrate harvested leaf and cause infestation
- There is no practical way to dispose EPS trays
Our solution to make this good thing, better:
- We designed a recyclable polypropylene tray with a 20 year life span
- This tray doesn't have pores that can harbor disease - hygienic benefits
- Tray washing & sanitizing process is simplified
- Polypropylene pellets do not infect harvested leaf
- Tray fits existing seeding lines, so no further investment for additional equipment needed
- Tray maintains bouyancy (IP) enabling same growth process